just so that i know that you know that i know, i offer you a list of my most prevalent neurosis. insight is (almost) everything, after all. also, it may make you feel really well adjusted and normal. it’s a public service, really.
in no particular order:
5. in the summer, when people open their windows wide to let the air in. why? children fall out of these windows. all.the.time. prevention, people, prevention. window locks are cheap and easy (and you can still open the window!).
4. children playing in the mighty fraser river. rip tides! ah!
3. my children around dogs we don’t know. playing with them? that’s a no. forgive me, i have seen one too many faces nearly bitten off by someone’s “really friendly” dog. my kids likely would not have survived those bites. so, there.
2. pictures of my children’s faces or other identifying information being published or distributed online. and yes, for the record, i realize that i blog, primarily about my kids. note the lack of frontal pics / names / dates / places / times. exactly.
and, for an especially good time, i also fret about:
1. my children being orphaned. on that note- make sure your will is up to date and guardianship arrangements are specified. okay? deal.
what are yours? common, i showed you mine. i can’t be alone in this crazy, can i?